The watches are previewed online here, and can also be seen in person at Sotheby’s in New York City. The live auction takes place at 2 PM on Friday July 19th. The lots run the gamut, with a strong showing of earlier Speedmaster, like Lot 10, a reference 2915-1; the very first Speedmaster. Released in 1957, this reference, with a base 1000 bezel in steel, is the archetypal sports watch in many ways. It was developed for timing automobile racing, featured a radium-lumed dial, and highly legible Broad Arrow hands, and was powered by the legendary caliber 321. The watch introduced the design element of a fixed bezel mounted on the exterior of the watch for the best usability.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.