Update: The original version of this article showed a price with buyer’s premium of $110,700. We spoke yesterday to Marianne Flannery, of Flannery’s Estate Services, who told me that the actual price of this Speedmaster, including buyer’s premium, was $103,500. Because the winning bidder was in-room in at the physical sale in Upstate New York, she said, the actual buyer’s premium was 15%, not the 23% that is customarily charged to bidders using the online Live Auctioneers platform. She added that the bids escalated to $130,000 before premium due to “unverified” bidders who registered with Live Auctioneers during the sale itself. The last “verified” online bidder whose account was qualified for bidding in this sale bid $87,500, Flannery told us.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.