Omega, prior to 1894, was Louis Brandt & Frère – a watch check out our story from last year) with several important characteristics. It was one of the very first Swiss watch movements that was designed to be produced on an industrial scale, on a recognizably modern production line, with, most significantly, completely interchangeable components.based in Bienne, which produced watches, prior to the adoption of the Omega name, under a variety of different brand names, including Jura, Patria, and Helvetia. In 1894, however, the began production of a movement that was to change watchmaking history, and whose name was to become established as one of the most important in the history of Swiss watchmaking. This movement was the Omega caliber – a 19‴ (19 ligne; for more info on the ligne as a unit of measurement,
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.