The black-accented movement looks excellent and, in true Omega fashion, the area surrounding the crystal carries a quote from Jim Lovell (Command Module Pilot for Apollo 8), who said,“We’ll see you on the other side,” before dropping radio contact with Earth for 34 minutes while floating above the dark side of the Moon. While the idea of another Apollo-themed special edition Speedy may seem more than a little predictable for Omega, the Dark Side of the Moon is a fitting choice for a hat-tip to Apollo 8 and, judging by the press images, thecomes together really well. From the way the running seconds floats over the dial, to the lunar surface effect, to the texture on the black bridges of the movement, the Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 is a detailed and distinctive take on a special edition Speedmaster.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.