Piaget was a family-owned manufacture until 1988, led only by Piaget family members. Valentin Piaget (right, in the image above) was the grandson of founder Georges-Edouard Piaget, and he played a key role in the’s development beginning in 1945. While his brother Gerald was CEO and focused on the business, Valentin worked more on the products themselves, developing some of the thinnest calibers ever made, which helped make Piaget the paragon of elegance it is today. He was deeply involved in the creation of the calibers 9P and 12P, which were respectively ultra-slim manually-wound and movements, with the 12P holding the title of the ’s slimmest movement for decades.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.