You, the enthusiast, may step further into the store and bee-line to the American 1921 Pièce Unique re-creation timepiece, located in the library area and just as beautiful in the metal as you expect. The Pièce Unique 1921 is made using techniques from the 1920s, and a few months ago, our own Jack Forster guided us through the significance of such a feat. “It certainly doesn’t represent the cutting edge of state-of-the-art modern horology,” Jack said, as only he can. “But to understand just how the craftsmen-scientists of an earlier era managed to produce a portable, high-precision timekeeper using largely hand-tools and hand techniques is to better appreciate how far watchmaking has come today – and to better appreciate, as well, just what the often-used term ‘handmade’ really means.”
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.