Vacheron Constantin’s small but quite distinguished production of repeaters, both for the pocket and the wrist, includes some of the thinnest ever made; this is an example of one of the wristwatches and vintage Vacheron enthusiasts will probably recognize the reference immediately: the legendary 4261, which houses a 13 ligne movement only 3.1mm thick – one of the flattest, if not the flattest, repeater movements ever made. The watch overall is 36mm x 5.25mm; as far as mid-century classic watchmaking goes (this one was completed in 1951) this is about as good as it gets. With great beauty comes great responsibility, by the way; $605,000 at Christie’s in 2016. It was, according to the catalog notes, probably the first platinum 4261 ever made, and hence commanded a premium, but still, it gives you an idea what sort of respect these command (and a gold probably sounds better to boot). Oui, le prix is not cheap but m’sieurs dames, it probably sounds magnifique.of this class are as gorgeous as they come, but they also have the water resistance of a colander and the shock resistance of a Ming Dynasty porcelain, so handle with care. $362,000, however a platinum 4261 went for
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.