In terms of basic physical design and dimensions, the Chronomaster C.01 is identical to the 38mm El Primero Chronomaster, but the aesthetics are very different. It will be immediately obvious to anyone familiar with the standard 38mm EP, that the aesthetics are pretty dramatically different. For its first outing, Collective, whose membership is primarily folks working in tech, wanted a watch that represented the simplicity in design and clarity of purpose characteristic of an elegant and well designed user-interface. The colorful treatment of the overlapping subdials, as well as the signature red center chronograph seconds hand, are gone; instead, a palette of matte whites and greys takes its place, playing off the metal facets of the dial markers. The date display at 4:00 is also gone, in pursuit of greater simplicity and visual clarity, and dial numerals are executed in an easy-on-the-eyes, but still highly legible, light grey. The center seconds hand is now rhodium plated, and the chronograph pushers have a brushed finish, the better to bring them into visual harmony with the rest of the watch.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.