The Vacheron Constantin Overseas Tourbillon is the latest high-complication to join Vacheron’s Overseas range, and the first tourbillon. Until recently, the Overseas has focused primarily on travel and sport-inspired complications – the dual time, the chronograph, and the more recent world-timer come to mind. In the case of the new Overseas Tourbillon, the movement is still a fairly new one in the Vacheron repertoire. The cal. 2160, which debuted in 2018’s Traditionelle Tourbillon, is the first self-winding tourbillon movement from Vacheron Constantin. (There have, of course, been other tourbillons from this august manufacture, including the excellent 14-day tourbillon, but they have been wound by hand.) With the Overseas Tourbillon, we get this movement in its first steel case, and it’s interesting to note that the other high-complication currently available in the Overseas range – the Perpetual Calendar Ultra Thin – comes only in gold. With its steel case and blue dial, this Overseas Tourbillon is nodding to the original Overseas of 1996.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.