The El Primero chronograph movement is Zenith’s most well-known contribution to the watchmaking landscape. Originally launched in 1969, the El Primero is a high beatchronograph movement that helped to establish Zenith as a major player in the evolving of the sports chronograph. Today, “El Primero” is a distinct and known quantity at the core of Zenith’s line up. Without Vermot’s efforts to save the El Primero from the rising threat of quartz technology, the movement likely would have been retired, and with it, Zenith would have lost its most distinctive brand characteristic. Thankfully, Vermot believed that the El Primero was worth saving and, with hindsight being 20/20, we’re certainly glad he fought to ensure that this movement would become an enduring part of Zenith’s lineup.
- The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time Explained (VIDEO)
- An Aerial Look At The Vallée de Joux (VIDEO)
- Vacheron Constantin Introduces The Overseas Perpetual Calendar Chronograph: It Looks Good, Really Good
- The Beauty of Vintage Vacheron In Detail: What Teardrop Lugs and A Star Dial Can Do To A Watch
- SOLD: A Unique Vacheron Constantin and Unique Patek Philippe from the Epic Collection of James Ward Packard
No comments to show.